SafeEntry is the name of the national digital visitor registration system that logs the details and contact information of individuals visiting hotspots, workplaces of permitted enterprises, as well as selected public venues to prevent and control the transmission of COVID-19.
From 17 May 2021, contact tracing procedures will be further strengthened through the implementation of TraceTogether-only SafeEntry check-in, which replaces the previous SafeEntry check-in. Under TraceTogether-only SafeEntry, check-ins must be performed using the TraceTogether App or TraceTogether Token by:
- Using one’s TT App to scan the venue’s QR code
- Displaying one’s TT Token so that a venue staff can scan the TT Token’s QR code
- Tapping one’s TT App or TT Token at a SafeEntry Gateway device
Using this system allows businesses to verify visitors’ identity with data from Government sources to facilitate their contact tracing, should the need arise.
From 17 May 2021, all businesses and services that are allowed to be in operation (including offices, factories, etc) must implement TraceTogether-only SafeEntry check-in, which will replace SafeEntry check-in, to log the check-in of customers, clients, students and visitors entering their premises in order to meet the safe management measures required by the law.1
- Funeral events
- Funerary memorial events
- Funeral parlours with wake halls
- Schools and educational institutes
- Preschools and student care centres
- Tuition and enrichment and training centres
- Other training/ class venues
- Outdoor exercise classes
- Sports and fitness centres, including gyms, studios
- Healthcare facilities e.g. hospitals, clinics, TCM clinics, complementary healthcare facilities
- Residential and community-based care facilities e.g. nursing homes, Senior Activity Centres, Senior Care Centres, Day Activity Centres for Persons with Disabilities
- Vaccination Centres, Regional Screening Centres and Quick Test Centres
- Places of worship
- Hotels and hostels
- Banks and financial institutions
- Retail, personal and food & beverage (F&B) services
- Large retail outlets (> 930 sqm or 10,000 sqft)2
- F&B outlets for dine-in customers
- Personal care services e.g. hairdressers / barbers, spas, beauty and wellness centres
- Facilities providing basic pet services (that do not function on a drop-off, pick-up basis)
- Wet markets and hawker centres3
- Country and recreation clubs
- Registered premises of other member clubs/societies
- Cultural and entertainment venues
- Museums, exhibitions
- Ticketed attractions
- Other entertainment venues: amusement centres, computer game centres, board game centres, billiard saloons, paintball game centres, axe-throwing centres
- Event venues e.g. function halls/ rooms, event lawns
- Construction and marine process worksites
- Government public service centres
Smaller retail outlets (i.e. ≤ 930sqm or 10,000sqft) where customers are unlikely to be in close proximity for a prolonged period of time, such as pharmacies, convenience stores and heartland provision shops are not required to implement SafeEntry for customers. Those that have voluntarily done so, should remove their SafeEntry check-ins.
For large office buildings that have multiple floors and/or house different business entities, check-in is required for each business entity and at each floor. Businesses and building owners who wish to find out more can click here.
To better support contact tracing efforts involving street-hail trips, all taxi commuters should scan the SafeEntry QR codes deployed in taxis when taking street-hail trips.
For avoidance of doubt, all permitted enterprises, must still adhere strictly to the other safe management measures, e.g. safe distancing.
1 This list will be updated as more activities and services are resumed.
2 From 17 May 2021, large retail outlets that are fully within malls and buildings covered by SafeEntry and have the same operating hours, will no longer be required to implement SafeEntry for customers, clients and visitors.
3 Premises required to implement SEGW will be informed by HDB or NEA.