Update: Vaccination-Differentiated Safe Management Measures (VDS) have been fully lifted from 10 October 2022. Visitors no longer need to show their vaccination status or check in when entering venues.
A) What is SafeEntry Gateway (SEGW)?
The SafeEntry Gateway (SEGW) is a new check-in method that allows individuals to check in more quickly and seamlessly. It can also be used to check if the TraceTogether (TT) Token is working as intended. It will be deployed as an additional mode of SafeEntry check-in.
Businesses can choose to deploy the SEGW by downloading or updating the SafeEntry (Business) App to the latest version. The Gateway mode works by detecting Bluetooth signals from the TraceTogether (TT) App and TT Token for SafeEntry check-in.
The user checks in by bringing their TraceTogether (TT) Token or App close to the SafeEntry (Business) App (in the range of 1-25cm).
- Businesses using the SafeEntry (Business) app with SEGW function will see a pop-up on their mobile device's screen, indicating a successful check-in.
B) How should businesses implement SEGW?
Businesses can implement SEGW on their own by downloading or updating the SafeEntry (Business) App to the latest version on iPhones, Android mobile phones or tablets#.
# The SEGW feature on SafeEntry (Business) App should work on newer Android and iOS/iPadOS devices (minimally above Android version 5.0 or iOS/iPadOS 11). You may refer to the list below for the list of mobile devices tested to be compatible with the SEGW feature. The list is non-exhaustive and will be updated progressively.
Galaxy X Cover 4s
Galaxy J7 Pro
Galaxy Note 8
Galaxy Note 9
Galaxy Note 10
Galaxy S7 Edge
Galaxy S8 plus
Galaxy S9 Plus
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone SE (2nd Generation)
iPhone 11 Pro Max
iPad Air 2
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 2 XL
Huawei Nova 2i
Huawei MatePad T 10s
Oppo Reno 2z
Sony Xperia 1
Sony Xperia XA2
Sony Xperia 5
Xiaomi Mi 4
D) Resources for businesses
Guide: How to use Gateway mode in SafeEntry (Business) App
1. SafeEntry (Business) App user guide
Posters to be displayed at venues where SEGW is implemented
Poster: For venues using SafeEntry (Business) App (Gateway mode)
1. for venues using SEGW on SafeEntry (Business) App (English)
2. for venues using SEGW on SafeEntry (Business) App (Chinese)- Pending
3. for venues using SEGW on SafeEntry (Business) App (Malay)
4. for venues using SEGW on SafeEntry (Business) App (Tamil)
Poster: Token replacement
1. Token replacement (English)
2. Token replacement (Chinese)
3. Token replacement (Malay)
4. Token replacement (Tamil)
For more information on SafeEntry Gateways, please see our FAQs here.