A) What is SafeEntry Gateway (SEGW)?
The SEGW is a new check-in method that allows individuals to check in more quickly and verify that their TraceTogether (TT) Token is working as intended. It will be deployed as an additional mode of SafeEntry check-in.
Businesses can choose to deploy SEGW in two ways:
- By downloading/upgrading the SafeEntry (Business) App to version 1.1.0 (released by March)
- By registering for an SEGW hardware device.
Both versions perform the same function to detect Bluetooth signals from the TraceTogether (TT) App and TT Token for SafeEntry check-in.
The user checks in by bringing the TraceTogether (TT) Token or App close to the SEGW (in the range of 1-25cm).
- Businesses using the SafeEntry (Business) app with SEGW function will see a pop-up on their mobile screen, indicating a successful check-in.
- Businesses using the SEGW device will see a green light and hear a beep sound to indicate that check-in is successful.
The SEGW need only be deployed for SafeEntry check-in. Businesses are not required to set up SEGW for check-out.
Please note that SEGW does not work with the SingPass Mobile app, it only detects the TT Token or App.
B) How should businesses implement SEGW?
Businesses can choose one of the following:
- Implement SEGW on their own by downloading/upgrading the SafeEntry (Business) App from Version 1.1.0 onwards on iPhones, Android mobile phones or tablets#.
The SafeEntry (Business) App currently used by many businesses to scan IDs’ barcodes and Token’s QR codes will be upgraded from March to include the SEGW feature, which will detect the TT Token and TT App for check-in to SafeEntry.
# The SEGW feature on SafeEntry (Business) App should work on most Android phones above Android version 5.0, and iPhones and iPads above iOS 10. If you would like to check for the list of mobile devices tested to be compatible with the SEGW feature you may refer to the list below. The list is non-exhaustive and will be updated progressively.
Galaxy X Cover 4s
Galaxy J7 Pro
Galaxy Note 8
Galaxy Note 9
Galaxy Note 10
Galaxy S7 Edge
Galaxy S8 plus
Galaxy S9 Plus
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone 11 Pro Max
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 2 XL
Huawei Nova 2i
Oppo Reno 2z
Sony Xperia 1
Sony Xperia XA2
Sony Xperia 5
Xiaomi Mi 4
- Selected public-facing venues have the option of applying for a SEGW device, which is a hardware device that functions in the same way as the SafeEntry (Business) app. Please scroll down to see the list of eligible venues.
This list will be updated weekly. Businesses that would like to start deploying SEGW without waiting to apply for the SEGW device may do so by using the SafeEntry(Business) app with the SEGW function.
C) Businesses eligible to apply for SEGW device
The venues listed below may apply for SEGW devices on the SafeEntry website (safeentry.gov.sg/login) by logging in with your SE business account. You may apply for one SEGW device to cover each existing manned public-facing entry point. You will have to submit an appeal should you wish (a) to apply for more than the existing number of such entry points at your premise and/or (b) have more than four manned public-facing entry points at your premise.
Please note that applications for SEGW devices for use at non-public-facing entrances (e.g. HQ office, loading/unloading bays) and public entrances that have been closed will not be considered.
- MICE event venues (hotels/convention centres with events for >100pax)
- Gated tourist attractions
- Public museums, public heritage institutions and public galleries
- Cinemas (Golden Village, Cathay Cineplexes, Shaw Theatres, Filmgarde, WE Cinemas, The Projector, Eaglewing Cinematics, Carnival Cinemas and Salt Media@Capital Tower)
- Public libraries
D) Resources for businesses
- User Guide to request for SEGW device
- User Guide to set up SEGW device
- User Guide to set up SEGW (App) - to be released later
- Posters to be displayed at venues where SEGW is implemented - to be released later
- User Guide for staff manning SEGW
For technical support and queries on SafeEntry Gateways, please submit a request here.