The following public-facing venues are required to make the SEGW mode of check-in available to their customers and visitors from 19 Apr 2021:
- Malls and large standalone stores > 930 SQM or 10,000 SQFT*
- Selected popular wet markets (Geylang Serai Market, Block 104 / 105 Yishun Ring Road (Chong Pang Market), Block 20/21 Marsiling Lane, and Block 505 Jurong West Street 52)
- MICE event venues (hotels/convention centres with events for >100pax)
- Gated tourist attractions
- Selected museums, heritage institutions and galleries**
- Cinemas (Golden Village, Cathay Cineplexes, Shaw Theatres, Filmgarde, WE Cinemas, The Projector, Eaglewing Cinematics, Carnival Cinemas and Salt Media@Capital Tower)
- Places of worship (worship services for >100pax)
- Public and Private Hospitals, National Specialty Centres, Community Hospitals and Polyclinics
- Public libraries
- Funeral parlour with wake halls
*Supermarkets and large retail outlets located inside buildings that are already covered by SEGW (e.g. malls or commercial buildings) with the same operating hours, will not be required to deploy SEGW. All supermarkets and large retail outlets must continue to enforce SafeEntry check-in, regardless of whether they are located inside buildings covered by SEGW.
** Selected museums will be informed by NHB.
Businesses may use either:
- App feature available on SafeEntry (Business) App (ver. 1.1.0 and above); or
- Apply for SEGW Box (hardware version) via safeentry.gov.sg/login.
Businesses operating the venues listed may apply for one SEGW device per public-facing entry point at each venue at no charge, capped at four SEGW Box per venue. Only entry points that are manned are eligible. Businesses may submit an appeal should they wish to apply (a) for more SEGW Box than the existing number of entry points at their premises and/or (b) for more than four SEGW Box per venue.